When it comes to essential oils, one of the easiest, best ways to get the amazing benefits is through using a diffuser. Essential oil diffusers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and styles, which can make them a little intimidating to figure out which is best for your family. The truth is, it’s hard to go wrong when it comes to choosing one, but of course, everyone has their preference. I’ve used upwards of 15 different essential oil diffusers, and have definitely come to find my favorites.
A few notes, before we get started. When you’re diffusing oils, make sure that they’re the highest quality you can find. You also want to make sure you leave a door open for your pets to come and go, as they’ll leave if something you’re diffusing doesn’t agree with them. Lastly, don’t use a humidifier (warm or cold) that hasn’t been approved for essential oils. It can negate the benefits of the oils, but more importantly, putting oils in a machine that hasn’t been approved for them can destroy the humidifier. Now, on to my top 5 favorite essential oil diffusers!
Essential Oil Diffusers
1. AromaAce Diffuser— This one is amazing because it doesn’t require ANY water. You just hook up the bottle to the diffuser and turn it on. It allows you to adjust how long it diffuses for, how much it diffuses, and how often. I love the ability to choose exactly my preference, depending on whether it’s in our bedroom, our kids’ room, the kitchen, etc. You do have to have an empty bottle or six if you want to make your own blends, but that’s not generally an issue in my house, seeing as I have an entire lamp full of empty bottles (and then some more stashed under my bed). The biggest negative is probably the price– $173.27 retail or $129.95 wholesale– but it’s worth every penny, I promise!
2. Lotus Diffuser— I love the Lotus not just for its looks (although the white, sleek design IS gorgeous in any room of our house) but also for its ease of use. A little water and a couple drops of oil directly into the basin and you’re ready to diffuse your favorite fall diffuser blends, something to get that garlic scent out of your kitchen, or help your kiddos get some rest. It’s also more affordable than the AromaAce at $89.95 wholesale ($119.93 retail).
3. NOW Foods Diffuser— This diffuser is the one we had in Matthew’s room in DC. I loved it because it would diffuse for up to 8 hours and also doubled as a nightlight while still being pretty. The white part you see lights up in either white light, multi-colored, or not at all (so if it’s in your room and you prefer it dark, no worries!). It sells for $36.99 on Amazon, which is a completely reasonable price for such an awesome diffuser.
4. PureSpa Diffuser— A more compact diffuser, this one is perfect for any room of the house. It can diffuse in up to 250 square feet, while taking up very little space on your table, desk, or nightstand. It’s a great option for a kiddo’s bedroom because it would double as a pretty nightlight without being too bright to let them sleep. Plus, at $29.99, the price can’t be beat!
5. Topist Car Humidifer and Essential Oil Diffuser— Okay, this one isn’t your traditional diffuser, I admit, but you don’t just want oils in your home, right? Using them in your car is a great way to keep yourself awake during a drive, settle antsy kids down, or even help with occasional motion sickness! The Topist is only $11.99 which makes it extremely affordable and perfect for on-the-go diffusing– it plugs right into your cigarette lighter/power outlet!
Eyeing a new doTERRA diffuser?
If you want to get the best price possible on any of our doTERRA diffusers, head over to my shop page to see how to receive 25% off retail price, PLUS earn points back on every purchase!