I’m going to be honest with y’all for a second. I have NO idea what nutritional value steamed artichokes have. I mean, you scrape the leaves and get a little off and then you have the heart of the artichoke. How much nutritional value could that possibly have, particularly when combined with lemon essential oil butter sauce (which, I maintain, is the ONLY way to eat them). But, making Instant Pot steamed artichokes is a quick way to have a pretty side dish at your next fancy dinner.
Lemon essential oil butter sauce is simply the greatest thing on the planet for my little Southern girl heart. Plus, the lemon essential oil has some really amazing benefits because it’s added after the butter is heated, rather than being heated itself. Make sure you use only CPTG essential oils, though, if you’re going to be ingesting them!
Part of what I love about this dish is that it’s one that lets you sit and talk while you eat it. It’s a great at-home date night side dish, so open up a bottle of wine, grill a steak or two, and enjoy your sweetheart’s company over the easiest Instant Pot steamed artichokes you’ll ever eat!
If you need lemon essential oil that’s safe (and delicious) to use in your cooking, check out my shop page!
Don't Miss Out on a New Instant Pot Recipe!
Subscribe here for a beautiful, printable Instant Pot Iced Tea recipe card and you'll never miss an Instant Pot recipe that could change the way you cook!
Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Essential Oil Butter
2 artichokes, washed and trimmed
3 drops lemon essential oil
1/2 c butter (we use Smart Balance to make it dairy-free)
Instructions for Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes
- Add a cup of water to your Instant Pot and set the steamer rack in it.
- After cutting the tops off your artichokes (and the spiky parts of the leaves), set them on the rack.
- Set your Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow to naturally pressure release for a couple of minutes and then quick release.
Instructions for Lemon Essential Oil Butter
- In a small saucepan, add the butter.
- Allow to simmer until the fat rises to the top.
- Spoon off the fat until only the clarified butter is left.
- Add a few drops of lemon essential oil and stir.